Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Why So Angry About the Rapture ❓️



As I've mentioned before, I became a Born Again Christian in 1978 one month before my 12th birthday (Oops❗️🫢 Accidently outed my Biological and Christian age on the internet again). I joined an Evangelical Church that taught the Rapture occurs BEFORE the 7-year Tribulation period.

This is known as the “Pre-Trib Rapture” belief. Add to this the beliefs that the only End Times prophetic event that needed to happen before the Rapture was Israel becoming a nation again (happened on May 14, 1948) and that Jesus could snatch us away suddenly in “the Twinkling of an eye” (1 Corinthians15:52), and you are dealing with a VERY intense group of people and way of living.


There is also a group of Christians that believe the Rapture will take place at the end of the 7-year Tribulation period and we will know when it's coming to the exact day. This is known as the “Post Trib Rapture" belief.


When I first encountered these beliefs in 1978, even though my church taught Pre-Trib, I couldn't accept it. It sounded just too good to be true and just Wishful Thinking.


Oh, we're all going to be ZIPPED up to Heaven by Jesus before anything bad happens! Won't that be lovely." 🤩 

(Don't judge me too harshly. I was a teenager)


I was young but I just knew Life didn’t work that way. And even though Pre-Trib was by far the most prevalent view by the entire Evangelical church at that time, I was a hold-out opting for the Post-Trib view for 30 years! During that time I participated in some very “lively” debates, Bible studies and discussions on that topic and Bible Prophecy in general until in 2008 I flipped to the Pre-Trib viewpoint just during a quiet, personal prayer and Bible study time alone with Jesus.


I've participated in discussions about the End Times and Bible Prophecy for almost half a CENTURY from two different Rapture viewpoints but I have NEVER before witnessed the amount of open scorn and rabid hostility against anyone who believes in a Pre-Trib Rapture as I have in the last six years or so.


I am Deleted and Blocked on Social media, told I'm going to Hell for my Pre-Trib beliefs and called everything from a Heathen to a B*tch and nobody wants to discuss it further.


As a Behaviorist, whenever I see radical or extreme behavior warning bells go off, Red Flags go up and my Puzzler 🤔🧠 goes into action and I ask the question, 

Why so angry about the Rapture?” 


If you believe in a Pre-Trib Rapture you have probably experienced this extreme hostility too and feeling really bad about it because the hostility is coming at us from WITHIN the Christian Church!


I think the answer (or at least part of it) can be found in 2 main Bible verses.


Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. 27 People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all,”

Luke 17:26-27


“The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created.”

Genesis 6:5-7


In those verses we are seeing evil people racing around, going about with a “business as usual” attitude and utterly refusing to acknowledge any indication that God is NOT PLEASED with them. They are scoffing, mocking and name-calling us, just like I'm sure they did while Noah was building the Ark all those years without any clouds in the sky. 


Now we Pre-Trib Rapture Believers are taking the brunt of hostility from Christians who are carnal, concerned predominantly about the temporal things of this world and  don't wish to give up sinful, self-indulgent lifestyles, even if it means turning their backs on Jesus, not studying Bible Prophecy and not preparing for the Rapture, which God alerts us will come “Like a thief in the night.” 

(1 Thessalonians 5:2)


I used to listen to a young preacher who made fun of anyone who studied Eschatology. He calls us “End Times Junkies” and equates our lifestyles with people who quit their jobs, sell their homes and lay in a field waiting for the Rapture.


(😅🤣😂. Yes, I know but Jesus is starting to sort out his mistakes by letting satan sift him, so it's actually no laughing matter to scoff, omit major chunks of Revelation and lead others to do the same.) But I actually heard him say during a sermon, “If I actually believed Jesus would return at any moment I wouldn't be standing on this stage right now. I'd be rushing into the street to tell whoever I could find!”

Which is exactly how we Pre-Trib People live. We have prioritized our lives into what truly matters by whether or not it has Eternal value, we are filled with boldness to speak up and we feel the intensity of these End Times without being Fear-driven by them.

So try not to respond with hurt or frustration and remember this is not a “Salvation Issue”. Our primary goal is not to convince people of a Pre-Trib Rapture but to give our Testimony about what Jesus has done for us personally so others will want to know and love Him too.

As I like to say, “All the Christians who don't believe in a Pre-Trib Rapture are suddenly going to be VERY pleasantly surprised!” 😉😃



And if you're not one of the Hostile-Angry people, just ask us WHY we believe in a Pre-Trib Rapture and we'd love to talk about it.

 We might be much fewer in number these days, but a group of people more excited about Christ's return you will not find. 

 

The Truth with Love,

 Always Laura-Lee 





BUTTERFLY depiction of Rapture 



Keep looking up, Kids.

Maranatha❗️




My previous post "Mathematical Proof of a Pre-Trib Rapture"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be submitted for moderation. Opposing opinions are fine, but please be respectful of others and use common courtesy. Profanity will not be approved.LLR