Thursday, October 15, 2020

We Are Launched

 



Several months ago when COVID-19 was a brand new thing and expected to be over in "a few weeks" I knew it wouldn't be and decided to create this blog in order for it to be a place of comfort primarily for Canadians. And so it sat here through these months as life moved on and times changed very rapidly. We have seen the "Black Lives Matter" movement descend and mass chaos in its wake, the escalating of international tensions, a world economy in turmoil beyond imagination, the closing down of the entire world as we "self-isolate" in our homes, and the historic signing of the "Abraham Accords". All these things signify the same thing. Bible Prophecy of the "Final Days" of planet Earth are being fulfilled at last.

 I began watching for these events in 1980 when I picked up my Bible and read the book of Revelation. Then I read another book which was a bestseller at the time called, "The Late, Great, Planet Earth" by Hal Lindsey. I have watched world events change throughout these four decades and never felt compelled to say anything because world events never matched the Bible Prophecies exactly. And since I believe that God knows all and the entire Bible is His revelation to mankind, if the events were "off" then the time was not yet right. Or should I say ripe.


  “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door." (Matthew 24:32-33)


In 1948, with Israel becoming a nation, all Christians who believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God from cover to cover, knew that this was the starting point for these events. Now the events in our world are unfolding exactly as the Bible stated thousands of years ago and are being fulfilled at a very fast rate. Not years apart, not even months apart but rather weeks and sometimes only days apart. 


I also noticed that although Canada is right next to the United States of America and enjoys a close relationship with her, we are very different people with a unique perspective and sensibilities. We are enduring things quite differently in both events and attitudes, but Bible Prophecy from a Canadian perspective seems to be almost completely ignored in the media and on the internet. With that in mind I went to pray and discovered that God had a task for me. To take the knowledge I have gleaned from the Bible and watching world events through all these years and simply share it with you. As a Christian and as a Canadian.


And so this little blog has taken on a much larger role than I had ever expected. But I am hoping that the main reason that I started it will continue to be its main goal, because I believe to bring comfort is one of God's main purposes in Bible prophecy in the first place. He has informed of us these events ahead of time so that we will not be frightened when they come.




His other purpose is to bring every person into an intimate relationship with Himself which can only be done through accepting the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross two thousand years ago. There is no greater comfort than that and no safer place.

I discovered Jesus was available to me for this intimate relationship back in 1978 and in my desperation I surrendered my life to Him and have never taken it back. And in response to this God has never left or forsaken me. 

 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:6)

So it with this in mind and with a holy commission I have dedicated myself to daily listening to Jesus, to tell you what I know based on the Bible and to pray that you will find all the comfort you need to get you through the days ahead, no matter what they may bring. 

Sincerely, Laura-Lee


P.S. I encourage you to read my "About Me" section and also visit my personal blog. 

And take a moment to sign up for "Follow by Email" if you wish to be informed of any new posts.

LINK Laura-Lee Was Here (Personal Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be submitted for moderation. Opposing opinions are fine, but please be respectful of others and use common courtesy. Profanity will not be approved.LLR